Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tuesday Class

TKD-we did a bunch of kicking drills and punching/kicking combo drills. It was just Jay and I and at the end we did forms. We ran through the first three basic sparring combos and Dr. Bell made some comment about how that's all I need to know for the first test. I asked if that was a hint. I want to really polish that stuff before I test it though.

DZR-I had to learn new sutemi (falling) which is basically a roll in the air ending in a slapout. I realized that I had been doing my right side rolls wrong all this time. Not wrong exactly but instead of having my right foot forward when I roll, I have my left foot forward and I end up doing a twisting sutemi without knowing it. It's definetly a mind game to do it right. I finally got it though. Then I learned a couple of new throws. It was fun. At the end of class was my belt ceremony. I got my belt on without it touching the ground so I only got thrown once from both Dr. Bell and Jay. I'm going to have to teach Jay how to get it on that way. I love it.

On a personal note about the weather...I love how in Texas it snowed on Monday, was like 70 on Tuesday, will be 70 today and snow tomorrow.

No comments: