Thursday, March 13, 2008

Billie Jean and Other News

We won't have another class until like week after next because of Spring Break and Dr. Bell has a conference to go to. Classes will be sporatic for the next couple of months. After the first week of May we won't have class at all until June, so I'll have to work out on my own. It's okay though. Right now my knee could use the break.

I was watching The Legend of Billie Jean again last night. I saw that movie in the theater when I was a little kid. I've always loved it and have probably seen it twenty times or more. I finally saw something about it last night and I feel really stupid for not making the connection before. Billie Jean is inspired by Joan of Arc and she cuts her hair and makes her stand, but at the end of the movie when all the t-shirts and the giant paper mache Billie Jean is burned down, it's represenative of Joan of Arc being burned at the stake. I never got that before, I just thought it was cool that the tent of merchandise burned down and no one would help the guy. Man, I'm dumb sometimes. I do love that movie though.

No comments: